Aug 2, 2014

How can signing up to websites ruin your email?

Have you tried signing up to almost all social networking sites? If you have, then you are one of those people who don't want to be left behind about anything new. That isn't a bad thing though as long as you are very much careful with all the information you have provided and that the site you are signing up to is guaranteed safe.

I'll share my experience, when I started creating an account in "friendster" (which is the most famous social site in the Phil before facebook), I've become really engrossed. And then I heard about My Space, Twitter and Facebook , Instagram - I can't stop trying out something new cause I don't want to be left behind. I just actually created an account on Facebook because of 'Farmville' and was never really fascinated with the look of my home page, that's why I don't normally post on it. I also have a Photobucket account since I love to collect pictures of my fave artist. I stopped using friendster, when it changed its interface, I can't get back to it since all of my pictures and list of friends were unrecoverable. I was really upset so I continued using Facebook which was increasing in  popularity then. But I didn't just stop there, google + plus came, and I signed up for its trial. I  also got hooked to Dropbox when I was working so I created an account. But it’s storage is really limited unless I invite some friends, so I decided to look for other cloud storage like Google Drive and Megacloud. I also started blogging, so I first signed up in Wordpress and then discovered Blogger, which offers  a lot of features I liked.  I signed up to lots of sites other than those I mentioned above and I haven't even used most of them.

What happened?

I use two emails when I sign up for something. Without realizing how many sites I signed up for, emails started flooding my email accounts. It was such a tiring job to delete all those unimportant emails and spams. So one by one, I started unsubscribing from the sites I got an account with. That was very time consuming but it freed me from having all those emails deleted. From a number of social accounts, I am now managing five (5) of them plus my two (2) email accounts. I just stick to the ones I really use often and it was much more convenient than handling more than what I can manage. :D

Try to use, only those that are relevant and useful to you, sites are meaningless unless they are used wisely. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you .. write down your thoughts XD