Sep 19, 2016

I was in Hundred Islands, Pangasinan

My impulsive summer getaway was in Hundred Islands, Pangasinan. With the aid of a co-volunteer, Hyleen, my trip was carried out smoothly without worrying about accommodation, food, and arranging a trip to Hundred Islands.

How I made that possible was probably because all the stars aligned for me to make that happen. 
1) First I got a free ride to San Carlos, Pangasinan because of a work-related activity that was scheduled for Friday. Well, of course, I sought permission from a senior at work before I could take off.
2) A trainee that we were with during the activity lives in Alaminos City. This means I can hitch with her in public transport going to Alaminos. I told her about my plan of going to Alaminos a week before. And as usual, some not so open-minded people ask why I'm doing it solo when it is dangerous for a girl. I didn't mind them.
3) I have a good co-volunteer friend staying in Alaminos who has been inviting me over. 
4) Someone from work is from Alaminos whom I can ask for possible transpo back anytime.

The advantage of going on a trip with kind but not so familiar people is they don't know me well except that I am a friend of Hyleen. So they really don't have a preconception of me. They will have to know me from scratch. I'm pretty good at making a first impression on some which I hope worked for them.

Hyleen and I posing before we take the zipline at Governor's Island.

Though it was a group trip, there was a freedom of exploring on our own. Good thing Hyleen brought her dlsr and lent it to me the whole time. I was able to take good pictures of the Islands.

Islets.

The floating bridge makes a good subject.

Island hopping.

The trip to Alaminos made me unwind. It was good to have a listener as I was able to express things that I couldn't in front of familiar people. We spend my last night walking around the City and going to a cafe where we spent hours of chit-chat.

Making faces.

Going back to Nueva Ecija, I took the bus from Alaminos to Dagupan. From the Dagupan terminal, I waited for a 10:00am bus going to Tuguegarao which will pass by San Jose, Nueva Ecija. 

I cried myself out during that trip back covering my face with a shawl. The trip was a good therapy actually as I was able to pick myself up before I got back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you .. write down your thoughts XD