Jan 2, 2017

My Bittersweet 2016

Posting a review of the year that passed has been a routine of mine since I started working, and ever since I had a stable internet to do the posting (hahaha).
Recounting the moments of 2016 makes me cry, and also makes me realize the blessings that God showered upon me.
 Last year's kick off brought a downpour of dilemma and uncertainty on me. That was probably the quarter where I was stretched so hard, but God made sure that I didn't break so He bailed me out and put me back to stature. I remembered how I cried so hard, and how travelling healed my broken soul. So this time allow me to take a flashback on the scenes that made my 2016 bittersweet. :)

THERE ARE THINGS YOU CAN'T CONTROL
As much as you wanted to take the wheel and direct the ship to where you want it to be, there is always something that will try to redirect the sail. How I wish I was brave enough to fight that off. But being brave that time wasn't the answer, but to walk to away in silence.

CUT OFF TOXIC CONNECTIONS
Someone once told me to never burn bridges, but I think I made an exception for some people so not to spoil my 'inner peace'. Knowing the kind of people you want to be close with and to deal with is one of the past year's reminders to me.

FIRST TRAVEL ABROAD
There is something with travelling that gives me hope to always continue with my dreams and what I believe in. Unlocking the true meaning of travel isn't by how many instagram photos you posted, and how many status updates you did on fb. I think it is by knowing that there is a vast world worth appreciating so there is no room to being depressed. A different place gives a different feel, so when you go back home you are renewed.
Yeah my first out-of-the-country tour was HK. Check out my posts here: 1, 2, 3
A picture with Tinkerbell at Disneyland!
NEW JOB
Transferring from one work to another is a leap of faith. Dare to do it, and always pray and believe that something good will happen and it will. :) 
My HD photo at work. hahaha
MOUNTAIN CLIMBING TO BEACH BUMMIN'
I was a bit aggressive with my local travels last year. I climbed Mt. Pulag with my very good NE friends and took an impulsive trip to hundred islands with my  co-VSO volunteer. I'm also adding the Masungi Georeserve trip I had with friends. :) 


Group picture at Mt. Pulag while waiting for the sun to rise.
A friend of mine poses at the amazing view in Hundred Islands.
My best photo at Masungi. Lying on top of the spider web.
MEET UP WITH COLLEGE FRIENDS
I met up with college buddies after two years. It was a relief to talk about life with them because they are a very good listener. 

FIRST NATURAL HIGH
Got a chance to see a concert finally! Saw James Bay on stage and sang his familiar songs along with raging teenagers hahaha 

The greatest gift 2016 has given me is leading me back to myself. I hope this year will be better, and a year full of blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you .. write down your thoughts XD