Apr 28, 2017

Erros and imperfection


How many errors do I need to commit to be good? How many criticisms do I need to take until I no longer have to?

The answer will always be 'always'. Asking myself these questions has neither made me even better nor kept me from naysayers. Now that I have realized it, I don't think these questions have to be asked.
There are times, of course, that these queries will just pop out of my head when in the middle of negativity. I do that until now. But I think what I've learned is how to shift myself from thinking negative to positive. It was a really hard practice at first, but when I got the hang of it, I learned to adapt.

My perfectionist self has influenced the way I view things around me. Eventually, that perception becomes a norm or a standard to which most of my views adhere to. Then I forget that the world itself is imperfect. Coming back to that reality is always a struggle, yet enlightening. Now I am pulling both strings, holding them closer in order to have that equilibrium in everything.

You don't have to be error-proof or perfect to be a great person. It should be otherwise because people who have committed a lot of mistakes and are not perfect are those who have championed life at its finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you .. write down your thoughts XD