Feb 21, 2015

At the training

Here's what I've been doing for a while now.
I've been assisting the ongoing training of the project I'm working with. It's been two months since it started, and we still have another two months to go before  our trainees' graduation.

The Team in Baler, Aurora

Currently, we have 25 trainees, which we call AgRiDOCs, coming from different parts of Luzon. AgRiDOC stands for the Agricultural Development Officers of the Community. They are expected to be new breed of extension workers equipped with new knowledge and skills capable of creating change in communities. They are technical experts, as well as, development agents.

Age range from 22-40 years old, most of them are middle-aged. And for two months I am surrounded by adult people that I had to think in a mature way as well. They are experts in their own field and I admire them  as they grew passionate about the new things they are learning so far. For the months they are here, they will have to complete six modules, which are packed with interesting topics  designed to be experiential and fun.

Training Mangement Team

For two months of working with them, I have come to know almost all of them. Of course there are times that it feels boring because I see the same people everyday, but most of the time I feel blessed to be part of their batch, which is the pilot-batch by the way. Its great to be with this bunch of idealistic and amazing people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you .. write down your thoughts XD