May 23, 2022

Drunk man beside me on flixbus from Amsterdam to Ghent

I found myself helpless on a bus when a drunk man sat on an empty seat beside me. In a country where people care less, good samaritans still exist.


I took a Flixbus from Amsterdam to Ghent. There was a vacant seat next to me because the bus was two-seaters. The bus made a stop in Rotterdam, and new passengers went in. I usually put things on vacant seats, but this time, I didn’t. I was high from last night’s party, so I was sleeping. Then, a drunk guy suddenly stopped by me, eyeing for empty seats, and spotted the one beside me. 

In an angry drunk tone, he asked, “You okay with me sitting here?.”


Honestly, my half-asleep self wanted to refuse but failed to do so because my refusal might get me into trouble. So, I reluctantly agreed. “Aahhh, Yes???”


The whole time he was sitting there was terrible. He reeked of alcohol. I pretended I was asleep and listened to music so I wouldn’t hear his conversation on the phone. He was restless, and I was afraid. 


Perhaps, the passengers sitting across noticed this whole scenario that the driver made a 10-15-minute stop. This was ensued by a call out from the driver, who referred to the drunk person sitting beside me. I felt relieved that I had fallen sound asleep. The next thing I knew, I was in Ghent. But just when I was about to get off, I saw a pack of bread lying on the empty seat. I glanced at the guy sitting across me, and he winked at me as he mumbled, “Yer welcome.”


I said “Thank you” in a hurry and got off under a dusky sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you .. write down your thoughts XD