Sep 18, 2015

Drawing the line

Can anything be funny, or are some things off limits?

I was short-tempered when it comes to jokes, but as they say 'you are a loser if you give in'. At some point, I passed through that stage of resisting jokes thrown at me. I learned to become submissive; I now can laugh about it and go with it. I even know how to joke back.

In fact, being able to handle a joke makes you a teamplayer. People will eventually skip making jokes about you when they see that it doesn’t have an effect on you. They see it as boring, and they don't want it to end at some point like that. Sometimes, being with a group of  people who jokes a lot wouldn't  stop without, at least, putting that someone into the limelight of embarrassment. If that someone is lucky enough, he wouldn't leave teary-eyed, just a hammered ego. And I pretty much know how that feels.

So, how will you emerge as winner in a joke battle?
Be cool. Don't show any signs that it is getting into you. They will probably throw more if they haven’t seen it affect you. But as they repeatedly do it, they'll get tired of it.
Always learn how to fight back, once they see that your joke is more powerful than theirs, they'll surrender.
Lastly, show them that you are not vulnerable, that whatever joke it is - you know how to handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you .. write down your thoughts XD