Sep 11, 2015

Standout

When was the last time you really stood out in a crowd? Are
you comfortable in that position, or do you wish you could
fade into the woodwork?

I was about 8 when I first stood out in front of a large crowd, it wasn't simple.The poem I practiced for days seemed to have vanished when I opened my mouth. It took me a moment to recover, and recite the first stanza of the poem. I went on in pauses until I heard the noise of the claps signaling the end of my recital.

I was even more shy back in high school. As a teenager, I became more conscious  about myself that I felt anxious being in front of the crowd, except for the things where I had to do it  for the sake of grades. I remember liking the feeling of being at the backstage for , atleast, when I make a mistake it wouldn't create such a big fuss. Being at the backstage, kept me away from backstabbers, and made me do things efficiently without having people's attention. It was a sense of relief.

College though was more difficult for me. I can no longer be at the back anymore. I had to practice being confident most of the time as we are always dealing with people. The experience I had with all the school activities, somehow, improved my social skills, much more when I graduated. I realize the benefit of having lots of exposure - because I know it'll help me grow as person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you .. write down your thoughts XD