Jan 12, 2020

Why am I single?

With only a month away for my 28th birthday, I decided to write about the most pressing question I get the past years. Stalkers (as if I have) can go munching on this bit of a personal post I don't happen to write about that often. LOL



For 27 years of having no experience in romantic relationships, this is the question that I get often -  "Why are you single?" 

I do pose the same question to myself. Because honestly, since college nobody properly professed their feelings for me. There were a couple of flings, but those aren't for record. At this point, I started doubting myself and asking if the problem was with me because if I don't attract people, there could be something wrong. My assessment brought me to knowing these things:

1) I get easily discouraged (I could like someone for years, and get disappointed by just a simple gesture lol)
2) I tend to avoid people I like instead of being around them often
3) I hate the fact that guys take advantage of girls most often, because, as much as possible, I don't want to be a victim of that harsh reality too if I get into a relationship
4) Personal privacy for me is very important, which can lead to a difficulty for me to commit into a relationship
5) I have a trust issue (a very serious one)
6) Unless a guy would say that he likes me, I would never believe it (say it or it didn't happen)

Truth is, right now, I don't know. It isn't my time yet I guess. But if I answered this question 10 years ago, I'd say I wasn't ready yet because my studies were my priority. But I certainly can no longer use this excuse anymore as I'm way past the threshold of being "single," because majority would say that this age is when you already have a steady relationship leading to marriage. Unfortunately, that is not the case for me and I don't intend to follow the course that society has set for the most of us. 

But I'll answer the question, anyhow. Maybe I'm single because I still have to figure a lot of things on my own. 

Right now, I've been undergoing personal development, which includes trying things I'm  passionate about, learning something new, travelling, and being with people who keep me inspired and motivated. Perhaps, I need to be fulfilled inside before I can be with someone. And in time, all these interesting things that I do might lead me to him. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you .. write down your thoughts XD