Sep 20, 2013

Visayan Treasure Hunt

Since my volunteering experience was already done, some things are worth reminiscing from the beginning. Consider this throwback volunteer post I did, this was during the month of June back when we were still at training. :D

Going back to the month we have started which was during the training, this was the event that I enjoyed a lot- Treasure Hunt. 

We were divided into groups to explore the city of Tagbilaran finding the clues in the buildings that were of much use for us. And this was my team...


Tom, Me, and Isaac
 There was the great hope of winning in our team since I'm from Bohol. hahahahaha. It was not hard for my teammates to talk to the locals since I did much of the talking. :D


We posed, jump and run most of the time. We even got across competing teams!! 



In the end we were second best! hahahahaha... can't help it if one team got ahead of us. :D But the smiling faces and the wild adventure that was definitely some of the best things I had in the program.

Note: Photos are not mine, photo credit to my friend Tom who gave me a copy. :D

2 comments:

  1. hi famz! my name is sin, and i will soon be travelling to the philippines next week to be an ICS volunteer in bohol. i came across your blog while i was searching for more info about this particular placement. it seems that you just finished your bohol placement? if yes, then congrats and i can tell that it's been a fruitful and meaningful experience for you and everyone. anyway, i just want to know if there's an internet signal/wifi in the place where you stayed? or did you bring your own internet USB/stick? also, were you all required to wash your own clothes or is there an option to pay for someone to wash them for you just in case things get busy? all right, those are my two questions. so sorry to bother you! but thanks in advance for your help. have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello sin.. :D yes I just finished my placement. For your two questions here are the answers!
      -there is an internet LAN connection in the Carood office where the team will be meeting once a week but you can't frequently use this as there are national volunteers staying in the office who are in need of internet too. Some of my co-volunteers brought their portable wifi and it worked but it was really slow. Internet usb stick didn't work in most of the municipalities, I brought my own usb stick but it was unused (it was a local brand internet usb stick though). However, some of the municipalities have internet cafes.
      -we are actually required to handwash our own clothes to experience the local culture more. :D But these details will be tackled in your Training and Orientation before you are deployed in each municipalities.
      Feel free to browse, and ask questions if you still have some questions in mind :D See yah soon then!

      Delete

I want to hear from you .. write down your thoughts XD