Jul 11, 2013

MPR on site visit

As part of the MPR committee, I visited the venues that I canvassed in Panglao. I wasn't alone I had the whole committee with me that was Aprille and James together with Piso, our supervisor.

It was considered as an official business which means we had no time to visit some beautiful sites, buy some stuff and have fun. That was what I thought at least for the first few hours. :D

We are suppose to commute, which I had decided actually since it is cheaper, however due to time constraints we ended up hiring a taxi anyway. It was a bit of fuss though when the driver made as pay for the fare when we hadn't even gone to the place we are suppose to go.  Just to settle everything we paid the fare , which is 8.00 Php for each one of us by the way.

First stop. Bohol Coco Farm, Libaong Panglao Bohol. This was the cheapest bargain that I had due to the help of a friend of mine. He helped me a lot in negotiating. It was even lowered down after they happen to see the rest of the canvass I did ( which I'm not meant showing). But it served us a good deal. Rooms were not really extravagant but appropriate enough for two nights stay. All food are organic and we were even accommodated with a lemon grass juice to quench our thirst. It was a bit of a "nah" cause we have expected to see more of the place but everything was provided though, and it was a good place for MPR considering all other matters excluding the room.

We managed to take a look into their coconut-made menu. Kinda creative.

Bohol Coco Farm Menu
 So this is where we gonna have the MPR sessions. Really spacious and comfortable provided with a sound system.
 Coconut made products for display. Basicallly the farm promotes the use of coconut. And this one, is just one of the examples of it.
Coconut Decor. They have a specialized coconut puncher to make those holes.

The viewdeck. This is my favorite area of the farm.  Probably, because eating will be here. :D

View deck
Tried the coco sky walk. Which was really fun.
The bridge was shaking but the owner said it was safe and can hold at least 10 people. Glad I tried


 it!

 Second stop. Chiisai Natsu Resort, Brgy. Tawala, Panglao, Bohol. This was a really nice resort to begin with after having seen its pictures online.  It is a Japanese inspired resort which I really liked. A swimming pool is surrounded by the rooms. But the downside of it is- not ideal for our MPR. Vegetarian food option is not available and the activity area won't accommodate us all. Hmmmpf, next time maybe!



Nice CR.

Swimming pool in the middle is really enticing!!!

Better check the rules before plunging in.

Single Beds.

We came by for lunch at Oasis Resort at Alona Beach. Food was really expensive and I was lucky enough to get a free lunch. Who said that we are only on official business?? We actually had a really nice lunch, a good chit-chat and a walk on the sand. All of these with pictures of course. Cannot leave my camera in times like this. Better prepared than not. All things were caught in action. :D




This is what I ate. It was kind of a chicken-burger, but honestly there was a lot of adjective on it that I only remembered those two words. :D I don't know the names of the rest of the food except for Greek Salad. :D

My company ordered the greek salad and tried the olives (green and black ones) for the first time. That was the weirdest taste I've ever had. But I'm glad that I tried it, at least I'm no longer ignorant with it. :D
Greek Salad


Well back to business. After our "really" heavy lunch we made our last stop for our on site visit at Villa del Pueblo. This was the same with Chiisai Natsu only that it is bigger and spacious to conduct our activity in. But basic things were not provided for the activity area plus no catering for lunch, dinner and snacks. This resort was crossed.

I never expected a whole day of risk assessing the venues. We are too exhausted to get off the car in front of ICM. But for the sum up, it was a fun official business with our supervisor, being not fully official. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you .. write down your thoughts XD