Jul 5, 2013

Real vs Pretend

I could say that I am living the simple life in simple ways. I couldn't fathom why some people are very well associated with other culture than their own. It doesn't make sense to me how they claim that that this is what Filipinos are when they are not completely living through it or experiencing it in the real sense.
Some Filipinos are pretentious and full of pride. Couldn't we just lower down ourselves a bit? I have to say that I am more comfortable going out with foreign people for at least they are true and exhibits their own original ways. I don't really bother if some Filipinos are influenced by other culture as long as they will never pretend just to fit in. Or maybe some rich Filipino people are more likely to be westernized, which I can't argue with, but I  don't get them volunteering cross-culturally if they can relate to other cultures too much. 

So I'm posing this question, Am I going to real Filipinos or the great pretenders? Worse answer could be the latter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you .. write down your thoughts XD