Jul 13, 2013

Volunteer journey: The start of it


The opportunity of being a part of a volunteering programme came as a surprise. The moment I sent my application, I never expected to get an immediate reply from them. Deep in my heart, I have always wanted to be part of the program not just to practice what I have learned from my degree but also to deal with the things I'm scared of within my self.

So the assessment came and I'm grateful that I got selected. I processed the requirements and days went by for the In-Country Orientation. British counterparts came, and we got to meet them. But one thing that I was really greatful about is meeting co-batchmates in college whom I can talk to most of the time. Unfortunately, they need to leave after serving as Returned Volunteers (RVs). Their journey just ended and I am just about to start with mine. 

And now, I'm currently working with my new friends. I have been adjusting and acquiring a lot of new knowledge from them. :D More stories about my volunteering will be posted soon. (Well, I have posted already about the MPR so..it goes on and on)


This is where we stayed for one week training and orientation. Had a great time and fun together with the other volunteers as we are still on the stage of getting to-know-each-other.



Originally, this was the room where girls are supposed to stay. I was the first one to arrive in Crab House and happened to stay for a while in this room before being transferred to the Dorm type. (Strictly no bed-sharing policy)



The pathway that goes to the room I mentioned above. Used to stay here on the couch (which is not shown in the picture) to access the wifi. :D 



Just taking a picture upon arrival. This is when all the Returned Volunteers were out of the room. Lucky enough not to be caught by them. hahahahaha



So, this was the dorm type I was talking about. Got transferred here after all Filipino Volunteers arrived. Thankful enough that it was so cozy. 




Our picture while eating. Managed to take a picture together with co-volunteers through a waiter's kindness. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you .. write down your thoughts XD